Latest Spilsby News
Lincolnshire Police have voiced its disappointment at a further £3 million cut to its Government Force Grant.
Chief Constable Neil Rhodes and Police and Crime Commissioner wrote to the Home Secretary Teresa May earlier this month voicing their concerns that any further cuts would have a serious impact on front line policing.
Source: Skegness Standard
A Spilsby man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a fatal collision in Skegness.
The collision occurred around 7am on Wednesday morning near the Southview Leisure Park on the A158. The victim was a local 16 year old girl, named locally as Jess Dunning.
A Year 9 student from King Edward VI Academy in Spilsby has been awarded a scholarship from the David Ross Education Trust (DRET).
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue is reminding residents of their top tips on how to stay safe this December.
The festive season is often a busy period for the fire service, with a sharp rise of incidents within the home. From fairy lights and taffled up tinsel to candles and Christmas decorations, all can become fire hazards when proper care is not taken.
Lincolnshire Police are telling local residents to be aware of criminals currently targeting rural areas in East Lindsey.
Lincolnshire enjoys one of the lowest crime rates in the country but some villages in the Spilsby area have seen a recent increase in thefts and burglaries.
Source: Skegness Standard
- Spilsby anticipates ‘cracker’ of a day
- Local law firm uses Secret Santa to help Spilsby Community Larder
- Spilsby cauliflower picker jailed over revenge attack
- Tasty donation for Spilsby Luncheon Club
- Vandalised bench for teenager repaired
- Council Appeal For Reopening of White Hart
- Council Warns Parents About Dangers Of Blind Cords
- Gunby Hall gets set for Christmas
- Quad Bike Stolen From East Keal
- School helper Tove is still volunteering at 90
- Storm UK get cash for crash mats
- Trust to run East Lindsey leisure services
- Don't miss out on a primary school place for your child
- Man admits Spilsby robbery and possessing machete
- Anglian Water Main Work Tonight
- A16 diversion causing chaos in Old Bolingbroke
- Compensation payouts for pothole damage in Lincolnshire on the up
- Resurfacing planned in East and West Keal
- Spilsby Man Charged With Robbery
- Deliberate Damage Caused To Bench
- Warning Following Heating Oil Thefts
- Stickney school closed to some pupils for a second day due to strike action by teachers
- Complaints over noisy road
- Resurfacing planned for A16 Ulceby Cross roundabout
- Over-limit Spilsby Driver Crashed Into Tractor And Trailer
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.