Latest Spilsby News
Large vehicle drivers are ignoring official diversion routes and causing traffic chaos in Old Bolingbroke - a village not normally associated with traffic jams.
The A16, which is shut for the next few days, has official diversions posted via Horncastle but some lorry drivers are choosing to ignore them and instead travel down the single track roads between Mavis Enderby and the A155 - through the...
Pothole compensation payouts to motorists have risen almost 20 per cent in a year, new figures have shown.
Data requested by the Boston Target shows that almost 1,500 payouts have been made since January 2012 by Lincolnshire County Council – with numbers up from 2012's £133,015 to £157,266 in 2013.
Source: Boston Target
Resurfacing is planned on the A16 at East Keal and junction with A155 at West Keal.The A155 at West Keal will be closed for two nights for resurfacing work starting tomorrow, Friday 24 October.The work will be carried out from 7pm to 7am, ending on Sunday, 26 October. The A155 will be closed and traffic will be diverted via A153, A158 and A16.
A man has been charged in connection with a robbery in Spilsby.
Dean Andrew Millington (35), of High Street, Spilsby, has been charged with a robbery that occurred at an address in Post Office Lane in the town on 17th October.
Deliberate damage has been caused to a bench on Boston Road in Spilsby.
On Monday 20 October 2014 a wooden bench close to the Boston Road car park - opposite the Nisa Shop - was deliberately damaged. All the joints had been pulled apart and the legs had also been removed out of their concrete housing. The legs were attached to metal 'T' pieces, which were secured into concr...
- Warning Following Heating Oil Thefts
- Stickney school closed to some pupils for a second day due to strike action by teachers
- Complaints over noisy road
- Resurfacing planned for A16 Ulceby Cross roundabout
- Over-limit Spilsby Driver Crashed Into Tractor And Trailer
- Spilsby Woman Airlifted After A157 Crash
- Residents encouraged to get their flu jab early this autumn
- Appeal For Witnesses After 14 Year Old Hit By Car
- Post office gears up for rural customers
- Dinosaur Madness At Spilsby Primary School
- Lincolnshire is the area of UK which relies on technology the least
- Spilsby man damaged tyre for a dare
- Police Investigate Arson Attack
- Council Opens Further Library Consultation
- Pirouette's joy as Spilsby dance pupils dance to perfect passes
- All things apple at Gunby Hall
- Leisure and cultural services in East Lindsey look set to be transferred to a Trust
- Police officers attend less than half of calls in Lincolnshire
- Make a clean sweep for safety
- Seventy years on and Tong still going strong in Spilsby
- One of Sir John Franklin's missing ships is found in the Canadian Arctic
- East Kirkby museum enjoys Lancasters flypast over Just Jane
- Police Appeal For Information After Burglary
- Plans for 374 new homes comes under fire
- Lancaster Bomber event to be rearranged at heritage centre
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.