Latest Spilsby News
Lincolnshire Police have confirmed they send an officer out to less than half the calls for help they receive.
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) inspector Roger Baker said criminal damage and car crime were "on the verge of being decriminalised" because some police forces had "almost given up".
Source: Boston Target
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue is reminding residents to have their chimneys swept ready for the winter ahead.Last year firefighters were called out to 189 incidents caused by blocked chimneys. The fire service says that these figures are up by 16% and that chimney fires are easily avoidable.Joanne Hussey, Community Fire Safety Advocate, said:
"Many residents keep their homes cosy over the winter w...
One of the oldest businesses in Spilsby has been run by the same owner for 70 years.
Geoffrey Tong, of EJ Tong and Sons, has celebrated 70 years in business with a celebration event for staff past and present.
Source: East Lindsey Target
One of Lincolnshire explorer Sir John Franklin's two ships which vanished in the Arctic more than 160 years ago has been found, Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper has announced.
Sir John, from Spilsby, disappeared along with 129 men aboard HMS Erebus and HMS Terror while trying to find the Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
Source: East Lindsey Target
Two airworthy Lancaster bombers have united with a grounded model for the first time in 50 years.
The Canadian Vera and the UK-based Thumper flew over as Just Jane ran its engines at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre.
Source: BBC Lincolnshire
- Police Appeal For Information After Burglary
- Plans for 374 new homes comes under fire
- Lancaster Bomber event to be rearranged at heritage centre
- Drink-driver flipped car
- Skegness Man Seriously Injured After Vehicle Leaves Road
- Impressive success stories at King Edward VI Academy
- White goods top fly-tipping table
- King Edward VI Academy celebrates outstanding success
- Spilsby couple wins Firestone American motorsport adventure
- Town Council announce monthly surgery
- Accident Closes B1195 in Great Steeping
- Future of Spilsby beauty spot hangs in the balance
- Met Office issues yellow warning for heatwave conditions
- Save Lincolnshire Libraries wins judicial review over plans for community run hubs
- Are you paying too much for your broadband?
- Council joins forces to bring a First World War Centenary Project to the District
- HSBC bank in Spilsby set to close
- Spilsby Show Marks 40!
- SO Festival Lights Up Spilsby
- SO Festival Set To Transform Spilsby
- Spanish lorry driver admits causing death of Boston man
- New Neighbourhood Sergeant for area
- Storm UK Present Fight Night In Spilsby
- Councillor to contest Grimsby election seat
- Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre is top flight attraction
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.