Latest Spilsby News
East Lindsey District Councillors have voted in favour of the 1.95% proposed increase on council tax.
An average Band D property in the District will see East Lindsey's proportion of the council tax rise by 1.95%, which is an increase of £2.34.
Damage has been caused to the Five-A-Side Football enclosure in Spilsby.
Police have reported that the wire chain link rence surrounding the five-a-side football pitch on Ancaster Avenue in the town was damaged in order to gain access to the grounds at some point between 7:30pm on Friday (20 February) and 7:20am on Saturday(21 February). The offenders then proceeded to light a small fire in the a...
Lincolnshire's county councillors have voted to increase their allowances by 2.2%, putting their basic allowance at more than £10,000 a year.
The increase will mean they receive an extra £222 a year.
Source: BBC News
Lincolnshire Police are investigating an incident which took place in the cemetery on Old Boston Road, Spilsby on the evening of Sunday 8th February 2015.
The victim was a 48-year-old local woman who was visiting a grave in the cemetery. She was struck to the back of her head by an unseen assailant. The offence took place between 7:30pm and 10:00pm.
Two long serving members of Spilsby Town Council have stood down.
Councillors Arline Cadman and Winston Baugh have left the council ahead of the election in May. Councillor Cadman has been replaced by Councillor Wesley Everton who has lived in the area all his life and is stated that he is keen to help in the shaping of Spilsby to meet the needs of residents.
- Lincolnshire's Police Interceptors return to launch series eight
- Spilsby Town Council puts up precept
- Spilsby Library Future In Doubt Again After Council Decision
- Church awarded £75k for urgent repairs
- Police Issue Warning About Fake Messages
- Dog fouling being tackled with patrols
- Police Appeal After Childrens Christmas Artwork Stolen
- Sign up now for Green Waste collections
- Fears raised Spilsby Library could be facing its final chapter
- Lincolnshire Police funding cut by £3million
- Spilsby Man Arrested After Fatal Collision
- Local Rower Benefits From Trust Scholarship
- Don't let fire ruin the festivities this Christmas
- East Lindsey residents told to keep their eyes out for criminals
- Spilsby anticipates ‘cracker’ of a day
- Local law firm uses Secret Santa to help Spilsby Community Larder
- Spilsby cauliflower picker jailed over revenge attack
- Tasty donation for Spilsby Luncheon Club
- Vandalised bench for teenager repaired
- Council Appeal For Reopening of White Hart
- Council Warns Parents About Dangers Of Blind Cords
- Gunby Hall gets set for Christmas
- Quad Bike Stolen From East Keal
- School helper Tove is still volunteering at 90
- Storm UK get cash for crash mats
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.