Latest Spilsby News
To commemorate VE day, local veteran Ron Worth visited Spilsby Primary School to talk to the children about his experience as an evacuee in the Second World War.
Mr Worth, who is president of the Spilsby and District branch of the Royal British Legion, talked about where he was and what he was doing on VE Day 70 years ago.
Source: Skegness Standard
The countdown to the annual Spilsby Bike Night on 19 May continues.
Spilsby holds an extensive annual bike night, featuring the very best of classic and modern motorcycles. The 2015 Spilsby Bike Night is taking place on 19 May from 5pm.
Veteran Councillor Jim Swanson has won another term after topping the poll in Halton Holegate.
Rod Williams is to continue as District Councillor for Spilsby for a second term.
The Conservative candidate will now continue to be the District Councillor for the Town after he defeated the UKIP and Labour candidates at the polls yesterday with a majority of 171 votes.
Spilsby residents can make their voice heard at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday, May 21.
Starting at 6pm, the meeting will be followed by the formation of the new town council with the appointment of the new chairman (Mayor) vice-chairman and chairmen of committees.
Source: Skegness Standard
- Homemade cider on offer at Stickford Cyderfest
- Spilsby Theatre Auditorium Closed After Safety Concerns
- Mount Everest trek to aid Nepal earthquake victims
- Lincolnshire father of two tells of shock after lightning strike sets fire to his home
- Support for team’s French fixture
- SO Festival To Return
- Lightning strike causes major damage to Old Bolingbroke home
- Council turns down Lincolnshire Police’s justice plea
- Spilsby man gave in to “peer pressure” to burgle Mareham property
- Town decides not to enter ‘best kept’ competition
- Lorry Breakdown Means Missed Bins
- Three Way Vote For Spilsby
- Blanshard rows to gold in national championships
- New Online Booking System For CallConnect Services
- New Project Launched To Save Spilsby Theatre
- Reminder To Tick, Tock, Test! This Sunday
- Gunby Hall To Re-Open After Car Park Issues Solved
- Scrapping charges would alleviate ‘horrendous’ problems with parking, says mayor
- Lincolnshire Police exhaust lines of inquiry into graveside assault
- Deadline Looming For Prospective Councillors
- Police Appeal For Information After Two Incidents In Spilsby
- Plans Discussed For Up To 500 New Homes In Spilsby
- Government probes council's library service
- Driver dies in ditch crash
- Scouts prepared to replace old windows
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.