Latest Spilsby News
Several animals have died and many more have been rescued after a house fire in Lincolnshire.
Firefighters were called to the house in Stickney, near Boston, shortly after 07:00 BST, to reports a large number of animals were trapped.
Source: BBC Lincolnshire
Stickford Local History Group is set to research the war memorial in the village after receiving £4,100 funding.
The group plans to carry out research into the history of Stickford clock tower war memorial with the funding it has received after being successful in securing the money from the Heritage Lottery Fund's First World War: now and then programme.
Source: Boston Target
Can you help the Airborne Museum in Arnhem identify this soldier, who may be from the Spilsby area?
Devereux Atkinson was born in Spilsby, one of a large, extended family. At 14, in August 1939, he lied about his age and joined the Royal Norfolk Regiment. He was later recruited by the Paras, 1st Airborne Division, B company, 2nd Battalion.
Volunteers are working hard to ensure a temporary studio theatre space will be open this coming Friday for Hambledon Productions "Just Like That".
The new studio theatre has 35 seats and is situated in what used to be the police station and more recently the theatres' office/meeting room/lounge.
To commemorate VE day, local veteran Ron Worth visited Spilsby Primary School to talk to the children about his experience as an evacuee in the Second World War.
Mr Worth, who is president of the Spilsby and District branch of the Royal British Legion, talked about where he was and what he was doing on VE Day 70 years ago.
Source: Skegness Standard
- Counting down to Spilsby Bike Night
- Veteran Councillor Jim Swanson Wins Another Term
- Rod Williams Returned As Spilsby District Councillor
- Spilsby voters urged to have their say at annual meeting
- Homemade cider on offer at Stickford Cyderfest
- Spilsby Theatre Auditorium Closed After Safety Concerns
- Mount Everest trek to aid Nepal earthquake victims
- Lincolnshire father of two tells of shock after lightning strike sets fire to his home
- Support for team’s French fixture
- SO Festival To Return
- Lightning strike causes major damage to Old Bolingbroke home
- Council turns down Lincolnshire Police’s justice plea
- Spilsby man gave in to “peer pressure” to burgle Mareham property
- Town decides not to enter ‘best kept’ competition
- Lorry Breakdown Means Missed Bins
- Three Way Vote For Spilsby
- Blanshard rows to gold in national championships
- New Online Booking System For CallConnect Services
- New Project Launched To Save Spilsby Theatre
- Reminder To Tick, Tock, Test! This Sunday
- Gunby Hall To Re-Open After Car Park Issues Solved
- Scrapping charges would alleviate ‘horrendous’ problems with parking, says mayor
- Lincolnshire Police exhaust lines of inquiry into graveside assault
- Deadline Looming For Prospective Councillors
- Police Appeal For Information After Two Incidents In Spilsby
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.