Latest Spilsby News
A new programme to vaccinate all newborn babies against meningitis B has started in the UK - the first scheme of its kind in the world.
The Men B vaccine will be given to babies at two, four and 12 months old as part of routine immunisations.
Source: BBC News
Police are appealing for information about the theft of a mobility scooter in Spilsby.
Between 12.35pm and 4.10pm on Tuesday 18 August, a Blue Sterling Swift mobility scooter was stolen on Boston Road in the town. The victim of the theft left the sccoter chained to a bus stop sign but when they returned, the chain had been cut and the scooter stolen.
Police have confirmed the name of the driver who died following a crash near Alford on Sunday.
He was 24-year-old Nicholas Booth of Main Road, Hundleby, near Spilsby.
Source: Grimsby Telegraph
Students from the King Edward VI Academy in Spilsby celebrated a strong set of A-level and BTEC post-16 results.
Principal, Dave Lancaster said: "Year on year, our sixth form results are on a very positive trajectory.
Source: Lincolnshire Echo
Calls have been made for an urgent risk assessment to be carried out on the A155 around West Keal and a 50mph speed limit put in place.
A motorcyclist died and six people were injured in two separate crashes in less than 24 hours on a two mile stretch of the A155.
Source: East Lindsey Target
- Action packed trip to twin town
- Motorcyclist Killed After West Keal Crash
- Police Appeal For Witnesses To Serious Crash
- Crucial meeting on the future of Spilsby Theatre
- National Citizens Service Group Improving Spilsby Theatre Gardens
- Three New Councillors For Spilsby Town Council
- Review of controversial car parking charges in Lincolnshire market towns
- It's here and it's spreading: Giant Hogweed invades Lincolnshire
- Local Author Writes About Inspired Memories of Halton Holegate School
- Funding Available For Local Groups
- Spilsby Show - Fun For All The Family!
- SO Festival To Visit Spilsby
- MP drops by at care home
- Kittens and snakes killed in Stickney house fire
- Local history group is hoping to find the history of a war memorial
- Airborne Museum in Arnhem requests local knowledge
- Volunteers keep the show going
- Veteran shares VE Day memories at school
- Counting down to Spilsby Bike Night
- Veteran Councillor Jim Swanson Wins Another Term
- Rod Williams Returned As Spilsby District Councillor
- Spilsby voters urged to have their say at annual meeting
- Homemade cider on offer at Stickford Cyderfest
- Spilsby Theatre Auditorium Closed After Safety Concerns
- Mount Everest trek to aid Nepal earthquake victims
For more news articles, please view the Spilsby news archive.